Friday, May 6, 2011

Fleeting Pages Small Press Bookstore Opens Saturday, May 7th

As you know if you've been following this blog, I'm very excited about Fleeting Pages, a pop-up, all indie-press bookstore that will occupy the space of a former Borders in Pittsburgh for one month starting tomorrow, Saturday, May 7th. I visited the (cavernous) space in the past couple of days to check it out, and Jodi was there with a few friends from the Pittsburgh area as well as folks who flew in from afar to help set up the bookstore. Check out Fleeting Pages website here. Read my interview with organizer Jodi Morrison here.


Goodbye Borders, hello Fleeting Pages.



Rumor has it that one of Pittsburgh's favorite neighborhood coffee shops has offered to run a cafe in Fleeting Pages, it would be off to the LEFT in the above photo. An empanada stand is another rumor.

Writing workshops and other events, such as film screenings and some readings, will be held on the downstairs level.


When I peeked in the first box of books (the ones that had already been priced and inventoried), what did I see but my good friend Julien Poirier's new poetry title, El Golpe Chileno! (From Ugly Duckling Presse.) Julien lives far from Pittsburgh, and I haven't seen him for a few years so it was very nice to see him show up here in this way. Hi, Julien!


I'll blog some more photos after the bookstore is open. Good luck to all the busy folks at Fleeting Pages working late into tonight.

No comments: