1. Darling Beastlettes by Gina Abelkop (Apostrophe Books, 2012)
2. Domestication Handbook by Kristen Stone (Rogue Factorial, 2012)
3. Heroines by Kate Zambreno (Semiotext(e), 2012)
4. My Life is a Movie by Carina Finn (Birds of Lace, 2012)
5. Kept Women by Kate Durbin (Insert Blanc Press, 2012)
--Picks by Kari Larsen, web editor of Anobium and author of Say you're a fiction (Dancing Girl Press, 2012), the Black Telephone (Unthinkable Creatures, 2012), and Come as Your Madness (Birds of Lace, forthcoming 2013).
I'm blogging Best of 2012 lists (from small press authors, editors, and booksellers) all month long. Click here for more: Best of the Small Press 2012